* Installed Spotify for the first time on work machine.
* Work has very restrictive default proxy, which bans Spotify.
Thankfully being a developer in IT we know of a few more leniant alternative proxies....
* When launching spotify you need to log in with no option of defining the proxy to be used.
* And the error message just say unable to log in.
* Unplug the the network cable
This prompts an error message with allow you to change the proxy settings.
Remember to plug in your cable again!
Comments below were made on a legacy Blog, before move to current Blog (February 2019)
Thats a nice tip! I use a UK VPN Provider to get past the spotify gate keeper when I am outside the UK on holiday but this might be easier in th
Try using a VPN rather than a proxy.
Laughing out loud here on my seat. Yes! The best solution for annoying proxy configuration is unplugging the cable to reset it.
Unless otherwise specified, all content is licensed under Creative Commons by Attribution 3.0 (CC-BY).
Externally linked images and content are not included and are licensed and copyrighted separately.