DB2 client on Windows 7
For some reason v9.5 of DB2 Enterprise server does not like my laptop. :(
But we have standardised VM images of the DB2/Websphere set up that I could use, which is a very good practice. However as we use the type2 jdbc driver you still need a local DB2 Client installed, which again did not work...
But my solution did work: I installed the simpler Runtime Client.
Here is the steps I took.
- Installed our pre configured VM image
- Downloaded our ready made DB2 profile configuration txt file for the VM
- Modified my host file to alias the hostname used in txt file correctly to my VM's IP
- I read "Which DB2 9.5 client connectivity option is right for you?",
- downloaded the DB2 v9.5 Runtime Client and installed it
- and applied the tips on howto import the profile configuration by command line via
Hope this is of use to others with DB2 + Windows 7 grievances.
Unless otherwise specified, all content is licensed under Creative Commons by Attribution 3.0 (CC-BY).
Externally linked images and content are not included and are licensed and copyrighted separately.